Your favorite lean sausage makes a scrumptious addition to traditional pepper skewers. Serve these simple pepper and sausage skewers at your next backyard BBQ, or serve them with a salad and fruit for a quick weeknight meal. Either way, this recipe is going to be a hi, making you famous among your friends and family alike! Who doesn’t love getting praised for their cooking skills? The sausages in this recipe are gluten-free, making it a perfect BBQ option for friends who are into weight-watching, etc. The peppers just add a fun color as well as taste to the skewers.
Doesn’t this simple pepper and sausage skewer recipe look fancy? How about I tell you that this recipe only needs salt and grounded black pepper to spice your sausages and pepper up, nothing more! Pretty impressive, right? The pepper and salt really bring out the flavors for the sausages and peppers, making your BBQ taste delicious!
Behold; my new recipe idea:
I have to admit that the idea for these skewers came to me while Tim and I were shopping at our local bulk store, which happened to be sampling some oh-so-delicious sausage. The recipe is pretty simple but who knew it’d turn out to be this good even with the things already present in my kitchen. I knew I had to use some myself.
A Hit Meal for Any Hour!
You could also ditch the skewers, add scrambled eggs, and serve this as breakfast, too. Wether it be a BBQ party with friends at night or a brunch, these skewers add their light but heavenly touch to every meal. We enjoyed these in the backyard barbecuing one night, and they were a hit! To my surprise, as simple as this dish is, everyone loved it a bit too much. Kids and adults alike.
Loved by All!
75 years old or 5- this simple yet special dish is everyone’s favourite. Even our two-year-old loves them; I know they’ll be making regular appearances on our summer menu. Here’s to hoping that kids will stay connected to healthier scrumptious meals and preparations often.
And bonus, these are low-carb and gluten-free! You can stuff these into your mouth any time, any day, without gaining extra pounds or eating unhealthy!Print
Simple Pepper And Sausage Skewers
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 skewers 1x
Serve these simple pepper and sausage skewers at your next backyard BBQ, or serve them with a salad and fruit for a quick weeknight meal.
- 2 bell peppers (red and yellow), coarsely chopped
- 1 12-ounce package low-fat, gluten-free beef sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, and freshly ground pepper
Step by Step
- Soak 8-inch skewers in water, at least 15 minutes. Preheat a grill to medium high.
- Meanwhile, toss the bell peppers and sausage in a bowl with 1 tablespoon olive oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Thread onto the skewers, alternating the sausage and peppers. Grill, turning, until the vegetables are slightly softened and the sausage begins to brown, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Continue to cook, turning, until the peppers are crisp-tender, and the sausage is charred, 6 to 7 more minutes. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2 skewers
- Calories: 287
- Sugar: 5.0g
- Sodium: 649mg
- Fat: 21.7g
- Saturated Fat: 5.3g
- Trans Fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrates: 7.0g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 14.2g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
Leave a Reply