Serve these simple pepper and sausage skewers at your next backyard BBQ, or serve them with a salad and fruit for a quick weeknight meal.
- 2 bell peppers (red and yellow), coarsely chopped
- 1 12-ounce package low-fat, gluten-free beef sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, and freshly ground pepper
Step by Step
- Soak 8-inch skewers in water, at least 15 minutes. Preheat a grill to medium high.
- Meanwhile, toss the bell peppers and sausage in a bowl with 1 tablespoon olive oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Thread onto the skewers, alternating the sausage and peppers. Grill, turning, until the vegetables are slightly softened and the sausage begins to brown, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Continue to cook, turning, until the peppers are crisp-tender, and the sausage is charred, 6 to 7 more minutes. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2 skewers
- Calories: 287
- Sugar: 5.0g
- Sodium: 649mg
- Fat: 21.7g
- Saturated Fat: 5.3g
- Trans Fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrates: 7.0g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 14.2g
- Cholesterol: 55mg