This salsa verde chicken is probably one of the easiest slow cooker recipes I have in my arsenal. Find easy slow cooker salsa verde chicken.
- 6 boneless chicken breasts (4 oz each)
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbs lime juice
- 1 16 oz jar salsa verde (whatever brand you like, I’ve used Herdez and Trader Joe’s)
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed (I like great northern beans)
- 1 1/2 cup low fat or fat free sour cream ( you can also sub in plain fat free yogurt)
Step by Step
- Place chicken in slow cooker (frozen or thawed, doesn’t matter).
- Mix all other ingredients, except sour cream and beans, and pour over chicken.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred.
- Add sour cream and beans into the sauce, stir well.
- Place chicken back in the slow cooker.
- When beans are warmed through (about ten minutes), dinner’s ready!
- Serve with either by itself, kind of like a soup, or over quinoa or brown rice.
Weight Watchers Points Plus are based on chicken and sauce only. Starch not included. Nutrition calculated using low fat sour cream and unrinsed beans – you can lower sodium and calories by draining and rinsing your beans and using fat free sour cream.
- Calories: 198
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 935.3mg
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrates: 15.8g
- Protein: 24.1g
- Cholesterol: 56.3mg