I have been following a nutritional counselor and this creamy cauliflower soup recipe was my find from her own whole food recipe list.
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (unsweetened)
Step by Step
- Wash and core the cauliflower, then coarsely chop. Set aside.
- Heat a large, deep pot over medium-high heat, then add the coconut oil. When oil is melted, add onions, carrots, and garlic. Stir with a wooden spoon and cook until they’re soft and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped cauliflower and cook until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth (water) and water, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook, covered, until the vegetables are very tender, about 30-45 minutes.
- Add in coconut milk, sea salt, and pepper.
- Puree soup in a high speed blender, Vitamix, or with an immersion blender.
**recipe nutrition is calculated using vegetable broth instead of water, as noted in the ingredients list.
- Serving Size: About 1.5 cups
- Calories: 116
- Sugar: 4.7g
- Sodium: 428mg
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated Fat: 6.3g
- Trans Fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrates: 10.7g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg