This clean apricot almond and chocolate fudge recipe is perfect for the ones who are trying very, very hard to cut out refined sugar.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cacao powder (you could also use cocoa powder)
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup chopped dry roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- pinch of sea salt (I used pink Himalyan) – optional
Step by Step
- Find a small square pan and line it with waxed or parchment paper.
- Chop the almonds and apricots and distribute evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt coconut oil.
- Stir in the cacao and honey and whisk well to combine – you don’t want to have an bitter chunks of cacao!
- Pour the mixture over the nuts and apricots.
- Sprinkle with sea salt if desired.
- Carefully place in the freezer on a level surface and allow to set for at least an hour.
- Gently lift the waxed/parchment paper out of the pan and onto a cutting board.
- Slice the fudge into about 30 squares.
- Store in a cool place – and enjoy!!
- Serving Size: 2 pieces
- Calories: 107
- Sugar: 5.2g
- Sodium: 0mg
- Fat: 9.4g
- Saturated Fat: 6.7g
- Trans Fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrates: 7.3g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg