Last week I bought some beautiful shrimp and wanted to try something new. I remembered a coconut lime rice recipe I’d been dying to try and thought it would be amazing with shrimp. So, I did a little poking around on the internet and found this super delicious recipe. Honestly, it turned out even better than I imagined.
The best part? It comes together in less than a half an hour. It’s perfect for last minute guests or a quick weekday meal.
Thai Pesto Shrimp with Coconut Lime Rice
1 1/2 pounds large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons honey
1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
1/4 cup olive oil, divided
For the Rice
2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup light coconut milk
1 1/2 cup long grain white rice
2 teaspoons lime zest
3 tablespoons lime juice
2 green onions, thinly sliced
Step by step
To Prepare the Shrimp
- Add the cilantro, lime juice, ginger, garlic, salt, honey and crushed red pepper to the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse while drizzling in 3 tablespoons of olive oil till mixture forms a paste.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the shrimp and saute till pink, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cilantro mixture to the shrimp and toss to combine.
To Prepare the Rice
- Bring water, salt and coconut milk to a boil.
- Add the rice, stir and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Allow rice to simmer for about 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice, zest and green onion.
WW PP 8; Calories 300; Fat 13.9g; Saturated fat 3.7g; Monounsaturated fat 7.6g; Polyunsaturated fat 2.2g; Protein 21g; Carbohydrate 23.9g; Fiber 0.7g; Cholesterol 168.1mg; Iron 3.2mg; Sodium 719mg; Calcium 41mg
Copyright Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans LLC
Adapted from Southern Living.
Category: Main Dish, Seafood
About heather: Thirty-three year old wife, mother, runner and wannabe renaissance woman striving to look and feel even BETTER than she did before babies. View author profile.