So I’m pretty much a baked good addict. Any and all baked goods – crossaints, danish, rolls, plain old bread (hot out of the oven). And I especially love muffins.
I bake a lot of muffins because I can pass them off as cupcakes to my four year old. And I do a lot of experimenting with ingredients.
These muffins were born out of my fridge the other day. I had a bunch of strawberries that I needed to use up, and a pint of greek yogurt. The result – moist muffins that are reminicent of the flavors of strawberry shortcake!
Unlike most muffins, I find these to be better cooled, so you’ll have to be patient. Which I know is hard with baked goods. Serious torture. Sorry about that.
Strawberry Yogurt Muffins
2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup + 1 Tablespoon plain fat free Greek yogurt
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 1/2 cups hulled and diced strawberries
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Spray a muffin tin with nonfat cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a seperate bowl, mix egg, vanilla, yogurt and applesauce.
- Combine wet and dry mixtures and mix till combined, but don't overwork. The batter will be VERY thick, kind of like biscuit dough.
- Gently fold in strawberries.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
WW PP 5; Calories 123; Fat 0.7g; Saturated Fat 0.2g; Cholesterol 15.4mg; Sodium 378mg; Potassium 64.9mg; Carbs 24.6g; Fiber 1.1g; Protein 4.5g
Copyright Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans LLC
Category: Breads, Breakfast
About heather: Thirty-three year old wife, mother, runner and wannabe renaissance woman striving to look and feel even BETTER than she did before babies. View author profile.