This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, Kristina, and it is fantastic! It’s a great way to use up a bunch of spinach and so very good for you, even with the peanut sauce.
This serves four, generously. Serve as a side or over a grain as a main dish. If you like it spicy, feel free to up the chili pepper. You can also sub another dark, leafy green like chard if you don’t have spinach on hand.
Thanks again, Kristina! And to the rest of you, please feel free to email a favorite recipe you’d like to see featured to email@example.com. We love our reader submitted recipes!
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
3/4 cup water
2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons honey
1/4 teaspoon chili pepper
2 medium tomatoes, diced
2 pounds spinach, rough cut
1 tablespoon roasted peanuts, chopped
1 tablespoon green onions, chopped
Step by Step:
1. Heat the oil in sauce pan over medium heat.
2. When hot, saute onions until slightly browned.
3. Add the water and PB, turn to low heat, stir until dissolved, then simmer 1-2 min.
4. Add soy sauce, honey, chili pepper, and tomatoes, stir together.
5. Add the spinach on top and cover, leaving covered until spinach has wilted but is still bright.
6. Mix together and garnish with chopped peanuts and green onions.
WW PP 4; Calories 148; Total Fat 6.2g; Saturated Fat 1.1g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 226mg; Total Carbohydrates 18.1g; Dietary Fiber 7.0g; Sugars 7.2g; Protein 10.5g