These Slow Cooker Italian Turkey Meatballs were unbelievable. That’s really all you need to know.
But seriously, they were amazing. And you should make them right now.
Slow Cooker Italian Turkey Meatballs
20 oz (1.3 lb) ground turkey breast 93% lean
1/4 cup whole wheat seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
1 large clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp kosher salt + fresh pepper
For the sauce:
1 tsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic, smashed
28 oz cans crushed tomatoes (I like Tuttorosso)
1 bay leaf
salt and fresh pepper to taste
1/4 cup fresh chopped basil or parsley
Step by step
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, garlic and cheese. Using clean hands, mix all the ingredients and form small meatballs, about 2 tablespoons each.
- In a small saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until golden, being careful not to burn.
- Pour crushed tomatoes into the crock pot with bay leaf. Add garlic and oil.
- Drop meatballs into the sauce, cover and set slow cooker to low, 4 to 6 hours.
- When meatballs are ready, add salt and pepper to taste, and toss in some fresh basil or parsley or both!
- Makes about 24 meatballs, 2 tablespoons each. However, I was able to get more than 30 meatballs when I made it. I just put the extras in the freezer before cooking.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, over pasta, or enjoy it in a hoagie roll as a meatball sandwich. They're also good for breakfast - yes, they are that good!
WW PP 5; Calories 200.4; Fat 8.1g; Carbs 12.6g; Fiber 0.6g; Protein 17.3g; Sugar: 4.4g; Sodium 427.5mg
Copyright Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans LLC
These slow cooker Italian turkey meatballs were so crazy good, we ate all of them before I could take pictures. Lisa was kind enough to make it for her family and photograph it so we could get this posted for you. So shoo, go make this recipe. Now!
Original recipe found at Skinny Taste.
Category: Main Dish, Poultry, Slow Cooker
About Christy: Thirty-six year-old wife and mom to BJ (8) and Mia (4). I'm the editor at the Sisterhood, a Feingold mom, I really love to run (really), read, cook amazing things, and photography is my fledging passion. My motivation is motivating other people to realize they can do this whole weight-loss and exercise thing. I'm living proof! View author profile.