I saw this pin all over the place over on Pinterest. Lots of people were making it, and I had to give it a try. This was so good. Like lick-your-plate-clean good. And so, so easy.
Slow Cooker Honey-Sauced Chicken
1 pound chicken breasts
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 c honey
1/4 c lower-sodium soy sauce
1/8 c chopped onion (or 1/16 cup onion flakes)
1/8 c ketchup
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Step by step
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper, put into crock pot.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic and pepper flakes.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 3 hours or on high 1 1/2 hours. Cut chicken into bite size pieces, then return to pot and toss with sauce.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
To bake chicken as a 30 minute meal:
- Dice chicken and season both sides with salt and pepper, place in 8x8 pan.
- Pour sauce over chicken and bake at 350 for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.
Stage 2 Feingold Friendly as long as you use approved ingredients (soy sauce, ketchup)
WW PP 6; Calories 202.2; Fat 3.8g; Saturated Fat 0.3g; Cholesterol 10.3mg; Sodium 624.8mg; Potassium 115.9mg; Carbs 39.2g; Sugar 36.9; Protein 5.2g
Weight Watchers Points Plus are based on chicken and sauce only. Rice not included.
Copyright Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans LLC
This recipe was adapted from Mmm…Cafe.
Category: Main Dish, Poultry, Slow Cooker
About Christy: Thirty-six year-old wife and mom to BJ (8) and Mia (4). I'm the editor at the Sisterhood, a Feingold mom, I really love to run (really), read, cook amazing things, and photography is my fledging passion. My motivation is motivating other people to realize they can do this whole weight-loss and exercise thing. I'm living proof! View author profile.