Great for your next fancy soiree or tailgate! Pop a few of these babies into your mouth (not at the same time, unless you’re a professional), and then laugh a little inside as you log only 42 calories (and 1 Weight Watchers Points Plus) in each one. Bwahahahahaha. Nobody will ever know!
Super-duper easy and great for every occasion! Whip up these delicious, skinny jalapeño poppers for your next party, and you'll be a hero.
8 jalapeño peppers, cut lengthwise and seeded
4 ounces of reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar
8 slices of raw bacon
3 green onions, chopped
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Do NOT touch your eyes, nose, or mouth. Or anyone else's for that matter!
- Mix cream cheese, cheddar, and onions together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Scoop approximately 1 TBSP of cheese mixture into the each hollowed out pepper.
- Cut each bacon strip in half, and wrap once around bacon with the ends resting on the top of the filled pepper. Use a toothpick to secure if necessary, but the bacon will usually stick together nicely.
- Bake at 450 for 14-15 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
WW PP 1; Calories 42.6g; Fat 3.1g; Saturated Fat 1.5g; Cholesterol 7.4 mg; Sodium 87.7mg; Potassium 52.3mg; Carbs 1.2g; Fiber 0.3g; Protein 2.5g
Copyright Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans LLC
About Christy: Thirty-six year-old wife and mom to BJ (8) and Mia (4). I'm the editor at the Sisterhood, a Feingold mom, I really love to run (really), read, cook amazing things, and photography is my fledging passion. My motivation is motivating other people to realize they can do this whole weight-loss and exercise thing. I'm living proof! View author profile.