My husband and I are eating low-carb these days and this is one of our favorite recipes…Shrimp Zoy. I know it sounds kind of conceited that I would name a recipe after myself, but at the time it made complete sense.
I came up with this recipe about eight years ago. I combined several recipes using ingredients that I had on hand. I call it Shrimp Zoy since I combined a shrimp poivre recipe and a steak Diane recipe. I’ve modified it many times over the years to make more sauce and to lighten it a bit. It is divine with a loaf of crusty French bread to soak up the sauce and whole wheat angel hair pasta and a glass of chardonnay round out the dish, but it is just as good with a salad and no pasta or bread.
You can easily make more sauce by adding a little extra stock and cream. You may need to adjust the lemon, garlic and shallot when you do this.
3 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 ½ pounds peeled/deveined shrimp
¾ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
2 tablespoons minced shallots
1 clove minced garlic
¼ cup chicken stock
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
½ cup white wine
¼ cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
Step by step
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter and the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp, salt and pepper and cook until pink and firm, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the shallots and garlic and stir until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, lemon juice, mustard and wine.
- Simmer and scrape bite from bottom of pan about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and whisk together. Cook on medium-high until reduced by about half (this is not precise).
- Turn off the burner and add the last tablespoon of butter, allowing it to melt.
- Stir butter into the sauce.
- Return the shrimp to the skillet and toss to coat with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
WW PP 8; Calories 303; Total Fat 14.8g; Saturated Fat 7.6g; Trans Fat 0.0g; Cholesterol 276mg; Sodium 754mg; Total Carbohydrates 6.4g; Sugars 1.2g; Protein 33.3g
Copyright Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans LLC
Category: Main Dish, Seafood
About zoyk: Zoy is from Round Rock, Texas and has been a stay-at-home mom to her 14 year old daughter (Kiley) for 12 years. She is also a stepmom to Mike and step grandmother to Austin, Krista and Lilly. She loves taking care of her family! View author profile.