You won’t have to worry about your jeans being too tight after you eat one too many of these potato skins!
Surprisingly delicious for only 1 Weight Watchers Points Plus and 54 calories!
10 medium potatoes (about 130 grams each)
6 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
6 green onions, diced, green part only
.5 cup of reduced-fat cheddar
.5 cup of reduced-fat sour cream
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pierce each raw potato with a fork several times (because your potato will explode in your oven if you don't - yeah, totally happened to me) and place on a foil lined cookie sheet.
- Bake potatoes for 45-60 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cut in half lengthwise and use a melon-baller to scoop out the inside, getting as close to the skin as possible, leaving only a small amount of white inside. This is the key to crisp potato skins with less calories!
- Place back in the oven top down for 5 minutes, then flip and bake for 5 more minutes (this will make them more crisp).
- Remove from oven, fill each half with approximately 1 tsp of cheese and a sprinkling of bacon.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven, add a tsp of sour cream and a sprinkle of green onions.
This recipe was calculated by weighing potatoes after scooping the insides out.
WW PP 1; Calories 54.7; Total Fat 1.9 g; Saturated Fat 0.9 g; Cholesterol 4.6 mg; Sodium 52.4 mg; Potassium 154.5 mg; Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g; Dietary Fiber 0.6 g; Protein 2.1 g
Copyright Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans LLC
Now run along and make ya some.
About Christy: Thirty-six year-old wife and mom to BJ (8) and Mia (4). I'm the editor at the Sisterhood, a Feingold mom, I really love to run (really), read, cook amazing things, and photography is my fledging passion. My motivation is motivating other people to realize they can do this whole weight-loss and exercise thing. I'm living proof! View author profile.