Have you ever heard of PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter? No? Don’t worry, it’s not too well known, and although I’d heard a little about it, I didn’t pay it much attention. I mean, the claims are that this powdered peanut butter concoction, with only 45 calories per serving, was……like……I dunno….peanut butter. Pshaw!
So one day last week I was on Amazon buying some CLICK Espresso Protein Drink (get ya some!) and you know how at the bottom it says, if you like this, you might also like this? And there was PB2. Right there. So I clicked it, added it to my cart, and checked out. Two days later (thank you Amazon Prime!) it was on my doorstep. Intrigued, right away I tore open the box, twisted off the lid, and stuck my finger in the powder. It’s like dust – really fine. And then I tasted it. Yeah, not so good that way.
But I still had hope.
I read the directions, added some water, stirred it up, and well, it was like reconstituted peanut butter. Not exactly the organic, all natural, chunky, OMG you have to stir it until you biceps burn stuff I buy at Whole Foods (which I love btw), but it was peanut butter-ish.
So, I don’t recommend you make sandwiches with it and try to pass it off on your kids….but, it works great in recipes! Like smoothies, and baked goods, and PB2 Slow Cooker Thai Chicken!!
Have you tried PB2? Do you have any recipes to share? Please leave a link below!
PB2 Slow Cooker Thai Chicken
A delicious Thai dish made over with PB2 and cooked in a slow cooker! Win-Win!
4 tablespoons PB2
(or 1/4 cup of peanut butter)
3/4 cup light coconut milk
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
1 packet of Truvia (or a tablespoon of sugar)
2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger (store in freezer - it makes it easier to peel/grate)
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 6 - 8 thighs)
1/3 cup chopped peanuts, for topping
4 tablespoons chopped cilantro, for topping
Step by step
- Combine 4 tablespoons of PB2 with 3/4 cup of light coconut milk in a medium bowl. Stir well to reconstitute the PB2.
- Then add in 1 tablespoon Sriracha (or less), 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 packet of Truvia, and 2 tablespoons of ginger. Stir well to combine.
- Pour contents of bowl into your slow cooker and add trimmed chicken thighs, turning to coat.
- Cook on high for 2 1/2 - 3 hours or low for 4 - 5ish hours. Cooking times may vary with different slow cookers. Mine runs really hot, so I cook for lesser amount of time.
- Serve on top of whole wheat linguine or brown rice. If you serve it with linguine, remove the chicken from the slow cooker, and toss the cooked and drained pasta in with the sauce and give it a mad stir! YUM! (there will be lots of sauce)
- Top with chopped peanuts and cilantro.
WW PP 9, Calories 360, Total Fat 20.3g, Saturated Fat 9.3g, Cholesterol 101mg, Sodium 248mg, Total Carbohydrates 6.5g, Dietary Fiber 1.8g, Sugars 2.1g, Protein 37.8g, Iron 14%
Copyright Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans LLC
Other recipes using PB2.
Adapted from this recipe.
Category: Main Dish, Poultry, Slow Cooker