Last minute chicken. That’s what I’m calling this parmesan-crusted baked chicken recipe! It was the last minute, and I had chicken and no idea what I was going to make. I clicked over to Pinterest, found this recipe, modified it a bit, and dinner was on the table 1/2 hour later. For real.
In the future, I will probably dress this up with some fresh garlic, chopped dill, or even a little curry powder. It was wonderful on it’s own, but it could be the great base for so much more!
Juicy Parmesan Crusted Baked Chicken
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 1 1/4 pounds
1/2 cup fat free greek yogurt
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
Step by step
- Preheat oven 425˚F.
- Place greek yogurt and cheese in a small bowl and mix.
- Put chicken breasts on baking sheet (I line my baking sheet with parchment paper to make clean up easy) and spread yogurt mixture evenly atop each.
- Next evenly sprinkle bread crumbs on top of each breast.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 165˚F.
- Tops will be golden brown and chicken will be incredibly juicy.
- Season with a dash of fresh cracked pepper and sea salt, if desired.
WW PP 5; Calories 227.7; Total 4.0g; Saturated Fat 1.8g; Monounsaturated Fat 1.0g; Cholesterol 87.1mg; Sodium 301mg; Potassium 406.3mg; Carbs 6.5g; Fiber 05g; Sugars 1.5g; Protein 38.8g
Feingold Stage 1 Friendly
Copyright Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans LLC
Recipe adapted from The Enchanted Cook.
Category: Main Dish, Poultry
About Christy: Thirty-six year-old wife and mom to BJ (8) and Mia (4). I'm the editor at the Sisterhood, a Feingold mom, I really love to run (really), read, cook amazing things, and photography is my fledging passion. My motivation is motivating other people to realize they can do this whole weight-loss and exercise thing. I'm living proof! View author profile.