Here at Shrinking Kitchen, we LOVE Pinterest. It’s such a valuable resource for, well, everything. Especially all things food and cooking related. Today, I’m going to share my top ten pins.
Ready? Here we go!
- Things You Can Freeze. Some things are obvious. But I didn’t know you could freeze cheese. Or flour. This list is comprehensive and gives freezing methods.
- How to Store Produce. Store on the fridge or the countertop? This handy chart clears up any confusion.
- Homemade Mixes. Forget storebought pancake or bicuit mix. Make your own taco seasoning. Control what you feed yourself and your family while saving some money! This site has lots of basic mixes to make in large batches and store in the pantry.
- Slow Cooker for Dried Beans. Forget the overnight soaking method and stop buying cans of beans! This method is so easy – plus you control the sodium in your beans. And you save money. Awesome.
- Single Serve Veggie & Dip. This is so simple and so genius for a party. I did this at a baby shower a while back and it was a hit.
- Cooking Light’s Common Cooking Mistakes. Lots of common mistakes and fixes – plus visuals. Which is awesome, because sometimes you just need pictures.
- Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day. There are so many pins leading to this site. It is fantastic!
- Creative Lunchbox Ideas. Kick PB&J to the curb. There are some super yummy, super creative ideas on this site.
- Kitchen Cheat Sheet. All kinds of conversions, plus a guide for cuts of meat, cooking times, how long you can freeze certain foods…the list goes on and on. So handy!
- 1oo Healthy Snack Ideas. I don’t know about you, but I definitely fall into a snacking rut. There are TONS of great ideas here.
Are you on Pinterest? Do you have any lifechanging (or at least fantastically awesome) pins that you’ve tried? Share below!