It’s Friday! Whee! Not only is it the end of the work week for many of you, but it is also the day we share some of our best kitchen tips – our Friday Favorites!
This week, I want to talk chicken. Specifically, the glorious rotisserie chicken. If I had a dollar for every time rotisserie chicken has saved dinnertime around here…well, I’d have a lot of dollars. It’s relatively inexpensive (usually cheaper than buying a whole raw chicken), it’s healthy (if you remove the skin) and it’s incredibly versatile.
Yes. Versatile. Of course, you can simply bring it home and serve it alongside a green salad. And that’s great. But if you get bored, have I got some great ideas to make that chicken work hard for you – and make you look like a dinner genius.
I present to you: 10 delicious and creative ways to take rotisserie chicken from the deli to the dinner table.
- Chicken Chickpea Chop Chop Salad. A fabulous summer salad – lots of protein from the chicken and chickpeas, plus a boatload of veggies in a creamy barbecue ranch. Delish!
- Lightened Up [Pioneer Woman] Simple Sesame Noodles with Chicken. Need I really say more? We love Pioneer Woman - and we also love when we can lighten up her recipes! The original recipe is simple. If you use rotisserie chicken? This recipe will come together and be on the table in about 15 minutes.
- Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake. Comfort food at it’s best! Precook your rice and you can throw this meal together in about a half an hour.
- Light Buffalo Chicken Wraps. Quash your craving for hot wings with this spicy and creamy chicken wrap. Perfect summer food!
- Chinese Chicken and Asparagus Salad. Make a double batch because you’ll want leftovers for lunch!
- Chicken Tortilla Soup. You’ll come back to this recipe over and over again when the fall chill sets in – it’s so warming and filling!
- Tarragon Chicken Salad. Oh my. This is one of my favorites. Chicken, sweet grapes and apples, a creamy yogurt dressing and delicious tarragon. Serve it over greens or in a pita. So. Good.
- Skinny BBQ Chicken Pizza. Barbecue sauce and chicken on a pizza? It might sound strange, but it’s so freaking good. Every time I make homemade pizza, I make myself my own little version of this pizza. If you want to really speed things up, buy yourself a pizza crust at the store while you’re picking up the chicken!
- Mexi-Cobb Salad. Sure, the original recipe calls for ground beef, but this would be amazing with some shredded rotisserie chicken.
- Tzatziki Chicken Salad. Have a hankering for Greek food? Whip up some of this tangy salad and stuff it in a pita…problem (deliciously) solved!
What’s your favorite way to serve rotisserie chicken? Tell all in the comments!