Disclosure: I am being compensated by Cans Get You Cooking for my participation in this campaign as part of the Mom It Forward Blogger Network. Please note, this post contains affiliate links. As always, all opinions are my own!
Yippie kai yay! How I love cowboy caviar. This recipe is a hybrid of about three different recipes I’ve collected and now that I’ve been bringing it to cookouts, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been asked for the recipe.
I love cowboy caviar because it is:
- Cookout friendly – it holds up well in the heat and you’re not going to give everyone food poisoning.
- Insanely easy. No cooking involved. You need to do a little chopping, open a few cans, do a little whisking. That’s it.
- Crazy delicious.
- I usually keep most of the ingredients for this recipe on hand, anyway. Especially canned beans, they’re a staple in my home!
I also love bullet points. Sorry about that.
This is usually served as a dip, like a salsa. So it’s a perfect appetizer to nosh on while watching sports or during family movie night.
But, honestly I’m a total scatterbrain and forget to bring the chips half the time, so I’ve found this is also great served as a salad. It is high in protein and fiber too! But no one will be able to tell. They’ll just be drooling.
Are you wondering what you can do with canned goods and how to keep a well stocked ‘cantry’? The Cans Get You Cooking campaign is a great resource. Lots of great recipes, info on sustainability, and nutrition information.
- How do you know if an avocado is ripe? Check out this great guide for finding the perfect fruit!
- Worried about sodium in your canned beans? Put them in strainer and give them a good rinse. Make sure to let them drain thoroughly.