This coconut chicken is free of pretty much everything that’s trendy to cut out these days. (Well, everything except coconut, which is having a superfood moment!) But without gluten, dairy, and added sugar, this coastal-inspired dish will have you feeling positively breezy.
Coconut Chicken with Pineapple & Peppers
1 large egg
2 cups gluten free cornflakes, coarsely crushed
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken tenders
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
8 oz pineapple tidbits, drained, or 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice (approximately the juice of 1 lime)
Step by step
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Crack the egg into a shallow dish and beat lightly. Combine the cornflakes and coconut in another shallow dish. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then dip in the egg and dredge in the cornflake mixture.
- Arrange the chicken on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss together the pineapple, pepper, and lime juice in a medium bowl.
- Serve the chicken topped with salsa, and enjoy!
WW PP 9; Calories 358; Total Fat 13.2g; Saturated Fat 5.7g; Trans Fat 0.0g; Cholesterol 147mg; Sodium 510mg; Total Carbohydrates 23.2g; Dietary Fiber 2.9g; Sugars 9.1g; Protein 36.4g
Copyright Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans LLC
Category: Main Dish, Poultry
About katie: Katie lives in the suburbs of Denver, Colorado, where she raises her sweet daughter, Maile, who will be 2 in the spring! Katie has been married to the love of her life for going on 6 years; every one of those years as a roughneck wife. The family also includes two spaniels, and a very persnickety old cat. Katie spends most of her time reading books with her little one, going down the slide at the park 10,000 times, painting and playing pretend, and dreaming of growing all her own food. You can also find her at her family lifestyle blog, Standpipe and Sprinkles. View author profile.