It’s true. These delicious little cocoa oat truffles are raw, vegan, contain no processed sweeteners (unless you dust them with powdered sugar) and are a perfect treat for when your sweet tooth is screaming at you. They also make a fantastic after school snack.
Even better? They come together quickly. No cooking involved. I repeat…NO COOKING INVOLVED.
Keep a batch in the freezer or fridge for those days when you NEED chocolate (who am I kidding…that’s pretty much everyday for me). Throw some dried cherries into the mix if you’re feeling really wild and crazy. Yum.
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup finely chopped pitted dates
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
1/2 cup almond butter
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Pinch ground nutmeg
Pinch ground cinnamon
Step by step
- Place oats in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely ground.
- Add dates, 2 tablespoons cocoa, almond butter, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon and process until finely ground and sticking together.
- Place remaining cocoa powder in a shallow bowl.
- Roll truffle mixture into balls about 2 teaspoons each, pressing firmly for mixture to stick together. Roll truffles in cocoa powder and dust lightly with powdered sugar if desired.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Calories 84; Total Fat 4.1g; Trans Fat 0.0g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 1mg Carbohydrates 11.4g; Fiber 1.7g; Sugars 5.7g; Protein 1.9g
Copyright Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans LLC
About heather: Mid-thirty something wife, mother of two, runner, yogi and wannabe renaissance woman striving to look and feel even BETTER than she did before babies. View author profile.