If you’re looking for a hearty yet light salad, may I introduce you to this crazy good chicken mango salad?
Yes. It IS as good as it looks and sounds. Even if you’re wary of kale, especially kale in salads, you’ll want to give this a try. The trick is to chop your kale thin. No big chunks, please. This will make chewing SO much easier. Promise.
Chicken, mango, avocado and cashews together? Mouthwatering. A perfect balance of creamy, sweet, savory and crunchy.
A few hints to make this salad super easy:
1. Grill or bake your chicken breast ahead of time. Better yet, use rotisserie!
2. Trader Joe’s has a kick butt salad blend called Cruciferous Crunch ( a mix of brussels, cabbage and kale) that is perfection in this salad. Plus, no chopping!
3. Frozen mango chunks will work great in this salad…obviously, defrost them first!
4. If you can’t find citrus vinegar (again, Trader Joe’s has an orange vinegar that is out of this world good), try mixing some OJ with red wine or champagne vinegar.
5. If you want to skip dressing, try topping the salad with mango salsa. It’s got a nice spicy bite and you won’t need dressing at all!
Now, go make this salad!